Wida appeared and stepped out of the dimension space she made. She was outside the building of the CHESS headquarter. Tiffany, wearing a purple jacket, was just nearby, apparently waiting for her.
"The bus is waiting for us," Tiffany said, grabbing Wida's hand.
"What's the big hurry? And why am I needed?" Wida asked, walking alongside her.
"We discovered a nest of monsters near the barrier inside the "Dark Hole". There seemed to be some "S" monsters hidden inside it. The barrier is significantly weakened by them. Her Majesty feared that they might break through the barrier and go into the city nearby to wreck havoc. Unfortunately, the Blue Rank members were out on assignments and Level Three Purple Rank members were mostly concentrated on the tests in the Magixa examm. We only have some Level Two and One members available," Tiffany explained.
"No wonder we are needed. We are the "guardians", huh?" Wida said.
"I know I might not be able to do this on my own. So I'd rather treat you to dinner than risk it," Tiffany said, glancing at her.
"Coming from you, that is really serious. I guess I had better be ready for the battle ahead," Wida said.
"By the way, everyone thought that we are only Level Three Purple Rank and that
I am the leader in this group. Don't disclose our real identities, Wida," Tiffany warned.
"No wonder you are wearing a purple jacket instead of your blue one. I am not that idiotic to say I am Black Knight. Her Majesty told us to hide our identities at all times," Wida said.
Soon, they reached a bus, half the length of a normal bus, on a road near the CHESS headquarter. One of the CHESS members was outside. He saluated on seeing Tiffany, obviously a Level Two member, with his red jacket.
"Everyone is ready to set off," He informed.
Tiffany nodded and they boarded the bus. Wida took the window seat on the first seat, as Tiffany took the seat beside her. Wida had a sense of deja vu and thought she was hoing on a school trip at first. But she was normally sitting alone on such
field trips.
"i could practically feel the tension back there," Tiffany whispered to Wida.
"What do you expect? A group of strangers sitting together and in different ranks too," Wida said reasonably.
"I could feel the huge pressure on me," Tiffany said, fanning herself. "Why don't you be the leader instead?"
"No way! I would rather go to hell than be a leader," Wida said adamantly.
"I thought so too," Tiffany leaned back and closed her eyes. "How was the Magix exam?"
"Hmm...? Fine, I guess. I feel that I'm doing most of the job in test three though. Maybe it's because I am too initiative."
"It's not a crime to be helpful. That's kind of you."
"I think they are all scared off instead," Wida turned her head and looked out the window.
Tiffany opened her eyes and said vehemently, looking at her, "I said before, helpful is not a crime. They are the ones in the wrong for not appreciating it."
Wida looked at her. "Why all the vehemence? That is so unlike you. You got this experience before?"
Tiffany nodded. "Kindness is never reciprocated. I learnt this a long time ago," she said harshly. "They even try to kill me!"
"Keep your voice down. Alright, I get it. I will appreciate your help though," Wida was surprised at this change in her normally friendly friend.
Tiffany finally smiled. "I know that."
Wida quickly changed the subject in case Tiffany's mood changed again. "I encountered a "S" monster in the waiting place for test three."
"A "S" monster? There shouldn't be one there. Every monster used in the tests are all "B" class or below," Tiffany said puzzledly.
"I don't know how it got there either."
"Did someone put it there? But only the Level Three Blue Rank is capable of that."
"I wonder too...." Wida thought of ASH.
Meanwhile, behind them, some was in conversation too.
A man dressed in a red jacket remarked, "So what do you think of our leader?"
"She looks weak and young....is she really a specialist too? And a Level Three at that?" Another in red jacket asked.
"Seems like anyone could become a leader or a Level Three," another said quite sarcastically.
"Who is the one beside her? She isn't even wearing a jacket!" A woman in yellow jacket asked. "She seems close to her and yet she doesn't look like a Level Three. She looks like Level One."
"They don't even have weapons," another woman beside her, wearing a yellow jacket too, said, touching her gun.
A man sitting on the window seat and wearing a yellow jacket seemed to be searching his brain. He suddenly said, "I remember where I saw that face before. She tested us before, don't you remember?" He turned to a group of people in yellow jackets.
"I remember now! She was wearing a blue jacket at that time!" A lady exclaimed.
"Oh yeah! She scared us half to death with that power of hers!" Another man remarked.
"Blue Rank?!" The man in red jacket said in shock. "Are you sure?"
"Isn't that level three?" The woman previously asked, her eyes wide. "She doesn't look that strong!"
"If she is Blue Rank, why isn't she the leader instead? Why is our leader a Level Three?" Another man in red jacket said. Many were befuddled too.
"I remember about that red glow....I always wonder how she did that," another in yellow jacket said.
"Red glow?" The woman with the gun asked cautiously.
The person greeting Tiffany earlier on was sitting alone silently. Finally, he turned around and spoke. "Can everyone please be quiet and think about the mission later on?"
Everyone turned silent.
Wida and Tiffany were listening all this time.
"They found out I'm in Blue Rank," Wida said unconcerned.
"You should wear a mask everytime you are in the headquarter like me," Tiffany said.
"If I remember, that time you didn't wear a mask too," Wida retorted.
"That isn't my fault. That was the lightening fault. Guess we just have to ignore their speculating."
"I don't mind that. I worry about you," Wida inclined her head. "You are after all the leader."
"Maybe I could shift some of the burden onto you?" Tiffany blinked her eyes sweetly.
"Don't," Wida said shortly. After a while, "Don't you find it maddening that they said we are weak?"
"We are weak physically. They don't know our power," Tiffany said.
Wida looked at Tiffany and thought of her dangerous power. "Appearances are indeed really deceptive."
"Is that a compliment?" Tiffany asked. Suddenly, a lightening struck the ground near to the bus and blinded everyone temporarily. Thunder roared loudly.
"Sure!" Wida said hastily, with her eyes closed and ears covered. "Don't use your jinx power on me!"
Tiffany turned her head around and saw the lightening she caused. "Thank goodness it didn't struck us."
"At least not for now," Wida mutered.
"Where did that come from?" The man behind them said, still blinking at the light.
"I have never heard thunder that loud before!" A woman who nearly screamed just now said, startled.
"That was dangerous, " another woman sighed in relief.
The bus continued on its way smoothly after that.
****************************************
"What is wrong with this place?" Mike asked as he panted along with Dave, Thelia and Viviana. They were bending down in exhaustion.
"Where on earth is the special room? We have been running for almost one hour already! And what on earth are these traps?" Viviana exclaimed, gasping for air.
"That trap just now nearly killed me! Who put that dangerous saw stringing from the ceiling? I nearly couldn't dodge it!" Mike said in unhappiness.
"That needles trap is the worst! Who is able to dodge so many needles coming from the ceiling and the walls?!" Viviana said in anger. "We even have to run all the way to escape the many traps sprouting one after another! I am so tired I could sleep!"
"We seemed to lost our way. This place is like a maze," Dave said, looking at the three different routes up ahead.
"Did you really follow what the map said?" Thelia turned to Dave.
"The map didn't show the route in details as in the other floors. It only tells us to go straight left until we reach a room that said "X"," Dave said in between breaths.
"Well, all I could see was traps!" Viviana grumbled, wiping away her sweat.
"This can't go on...We are just following our instinct on which route to take. No wonder we are lost," Thelia said in anxiety.
"We don't have much time left too," Mike said,equally anxious.
"And we don't know what thing is waiting for us in that special room!" Viviana said.
"I think we should split up," Dave said.
"But we will be disqualified if we aren't in the special room together," Mike said.
Thelia took out three paper-made people. "Here, took one each. It will help."
"What is this?" Dave asked, looking at this paper. "It isn't just a normal paper, right?"
Thelia nodded. "If anyone finds the special room, flatten the paper with your hand and made a wish that you want to contact the rest. The papers which the others held would then suddenly stood up and pointed the direction where you are. In this way, it would save a lot of time to search that room and helped the others too. This is my specialist power. I could transform one's feeling into power and then let it flow into something. I could do this no matter who you are and where you are, as long as you are in my zone of control like within this building."
"Wow! Did this have anything to do with how strong you are in your swordskills?" Viviana asked in curiousity.
Thelia hestitated before she replied, "A bit. I transform my fear and anger when I encounter a monster into power and it flows into my sword, making it even more faster and stronger."
"Specialist is really awesome," Viviana said in envy.
"Let's go," Mike said nervously, suddenly thinking of Wida.
They all separated, each taking a different route.
*************************************
Meanwhile, Wida, Tiffany and the rest arrived at the barrier near the "Dark Hole".
"What's next, leader?" Wida turned to Tiffany. "Do we just march straight into the barrier?"
Everyone turned towards Tiffany. Tiffany tilted her head towards the "Dark Hole". "Yes, but first, two people will stand guard here just in case any monster eludged us and break through the barrier. You and you will be the guards," she pointed at two people, one wearing a red jacket and the other wearing a yellow jacket. They nodded in assent.
"Did everyone have the Magixa license ready? Alright, let's go," Tiffany checked.
The Magixa license was not only the road to success, it was also the only way for humans to pass through the barrier itself as well as exit through it. Without it, no one could enter the barrier or escape the "Dark Hole". Her Majesty had created the barrier herself as well as the Magixa licenses. Hence, only the license could reasonate with the barrier and allows the owner to pass through it. However, the license had only enough power to let the owner of it remain in the "Dark Hole" for one day. Beyond that, that owner will no longer be able to exit and pass through the barrier again. He or she would have to remain in the "Dark Hole" forever. Not even Wida could escape with her power. Furthermore, the license could only be used to pass through the barrier once in every three months.
The group followed Tiffany into the "Dark Hole".
Once inside, Wida felt an overwhelming sense of deja vu seeing the dilapilated buildings and barren land. The rest appeared to be uncomfortable, except Tiffany, who was expressionless.
"Did you sense where the monsters are?" Wida asked Tiffany, who was surveying around.
After a moment, Tiffany answered, "This way." She led the group to the left.
About six minutes later, they suddenly heard cries of help. After briefly glancing at one another, they all ran towards the source of the sound. They saw that many monsters were surrounding a group of humans there. Wida recognized some of them.
Immediately, the group of CHESS members sprang into action to help.
"Wida! My wind might harm the people. Use your wind to blow off the monsters away. I will use my lightning to destroy them," Tiffany shouted as she gathered energy and flung it at one of the monsters.
Wida had already opened her seal with its red glow. She sweeped her hand towards a huge group of monsters attacking the people. They suddenly blew away through some distance away. Tiffany immediately summoned up a big lightning and aimed it at them before they could react.
The people being attacked and the other CHESS members who saw this were shocked and amazed. Some of the people recognized Wida by now.
"Victoria?" Fernalia said softly, her eyes widening in disbelief.
"Why is she here?" Evan said in shock.
"It's that girl! She has such power too?" Sam said in amazement and shock.
"No wonder she disappear on us! She could handle all on her own," David said, miffed.
"Who on earth is that girl beside her? Did she just summoned that lightning?" Georgia asked in fear.
"Who are all these people anyway?" Many asked.
Tiffany, Wida and the rest were totally ignoring them and concentrated on the monsters.
Tiffany whipped out a strong wind as well as lightning against the flying monsters. Wida held out a hand towards the monsters coming for her and then they disappeared. She had also summoned her scythe from her palm too and helped out a couple of people struggling with the monsters.
"Wida! Don't use that power too often! You need your energy for the "S" monster!" Tiffany shouted when she sensed that Wida's energy was getting low. "I will help you with the monsters! Don't overdo it!" She said in concern, whipping out a wind towards the monsters attacking Wida. Then, she summoned blasts of lightning onto them, the sound deafening thunderous.
Wida was indeed getting tired. Her scythe was feeling quite heavy. She closed her eyes and summoned the wind. She opened her eyes and then sweeped it with a last blast of force at the remaining monsters, ripping them to bits.
After that, she fell onto one knee, exhausted.
"Wida! Are you ok?" Tiffany rushed to her side and kneeled down, looking at her face in concern.
Wida had closed her eyes. "I am fine. Let me rest for a while. The wind will help me."
Tiffany looked some more to see if she was lying. Then, she stood up. "Led the people away. It might still be dangerous here," she instructed the rest of the CHESS members. They led the group of people away.
"Wida, you shouldn't have used that technique. I know it's effective and fast enough to save lots of people but it takes away huge amount of energy everytime you did it. I knew you already did this during the exam. I already sensed a huge drop of energy when I met you," Tiffany kneeled down again, her eyes full of concern and anxiety. "If you go on like this, your seal would break and then you would lose control of yourself, even killing yourself. I know you won't mind it when it's about yourself but you would have hated it if you kill someone without knowing it, right?"
Wida was silent. After a moment with just the sound of breathing, Wida broke the silence. "You are the one who enable me to seal my power and freed me from Her Majesty's "prison". You are also the only friend that is willing to stood by me and gets concerned about me. I will always be grateful for these. Don't worry, I have no urge to go back to that "prison" again. My seal will always be safely active," Wida opened her eyes and looked at Tiffany with a slight smile.
Tiffany sighed. "Don't tire yourself. I am here. You could ask me for help anytime."
Wida stood up slowly. "We should go and find that "S" monster. I have a feeling this group of monsters is just a small group."
Tiffany stood up. "Yes. There is still a huge energy force from monsters some distance away. Let's gather the other CHESS members."
Wida and Tiffany went to get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment